Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for a strong problem solver with solid math and technical skill sets to join our team as a Quantitative Systems Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and improving various day-to-day processes in Global Live. You will also contribute by building new tools, performing data analysis tasks, and writing solid and helpful documentation.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of equity markets
- Develop a deep understanding of many aspects of systematic portfolio management and effectively make decisions to support the production trading business
- Document processes we do manually, with an eye to automation
- Use and create tools for quantitative portfolio analysis
- Prepare, review and present reporting on the portfolios
- Improve the business by collaborating on initiatives and proactively analyzing data
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of work experience, preferably in finance
- At a minimum, BA/BS in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline.
- Experience using programming to solve hard problems, preferably using Python, Groovy, or Java.
- Some knowledge or demonstrated interest in quantitative trading and portfolio construction
- Interest in the Markets and Portfolio Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Observant, High Attention to Detail
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.