FPGA Engineer (Chicago)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Two Sigma Securities, LLC is a member of FINRA and SIPC and a registered market maker in U.S. exchange listed equities and options. Backed by a high performance, proprietary platform, the firm is a significant participant in the global markets. For more information, please visit twosigmasecurities.com.
We are seeking world-class engineers with cross-functional experience in FPGAs and software to join our growing hardware engineering team. Working closely with market researchers and software developers, we face a wide array of challenges relevant to finance and technology.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build next generation algorithmic trading systems, including tools to monitor and analyze system performance
- Solving low-latency trading problems and optimize performance-critical code
- Assess different technologies and their applications
- Develop new hardware platforms
- Identify opportunities for improvement, as well as prototyping and experimenting with performance optimizations
- Develop, optimize, and strengthen the performance-critical components of the system
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of professional experience analyzing performance requirements and designing systems handling very large volumes of real-time data at extremely low latencies
- BS/BA degree in computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering
- Development experience with FPGAs (Verilog/VHDL, functional verification and static timing closure) and coding software in a low level language such as C/C++
- No finance experience necessary
- Should be willing to work in Chicago or New York
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.