Business Innovation & Growth, Hong Kong
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, China
Business Innovation and Growth is focused on extending Two Sigma’s capabilities in data and analytics to expand existing businesses and execute on new opportunities. The mission of the team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration – in a growth and product mindset – across the organization to help plan and execute the development of Two Sigma. Our work is a blend of strategy, fintech, venture capital and execution, with a key focus on what the future may look like and how Two Sigma can play a part in shaping it. We are a small team with no formal hierarchies, presenting large scope for learning and impact.
Based in Two Sigma’s Hong Kong office, the role will seek to expand the firm’s presence in the Asia Pacific region – by identifying regional trends in finance and technology, recommending new opportunities for growth, cultivating local business partnerships, as well as implementing initiatives that impact the region. Core competencies of the role include:
- Idea generation;
- Strategy development;
- Market analysis;
- Competitive intelligence gathering;
- Business proposal and planning;
- Partnership negotiation and management;
- 5+ years of work experience in business strategy, venture capital, consulting and/or investment banking type roles. Or if you think you have equivalent work experience that would be appropriate, please let us know;
- Track record of proactively sourcing new business opportunities.
- Proven ability to take an idea from blank sheet of paper, to development of clear and concise recommendation, through to execution.
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholder groups, including senior management.
- Strong conceptual problem solver, in combination with analytical rigor.
- Negotiation skills, including with external business counterparts.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter and results-focused.
- Fluency in English and at least one Asian language (preferably, Mandarin Chinese).