Operations Associate (Hong Kong)
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, China
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented individual to join our Finance Resource Management/Operations team, performing vital middle office / trade support functions and participating in projects and initiatives that will help Two Sigma build and develop this critical business activity.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that trading systems are utilizing reconciled information and that all operational procedures and risk controls are set
- Reconciliation of internal EMEA and APAC trade date positions, settled positions, and financing rates across all counterparties and asset classes ( e.g. equity, equity swap, repos,etc.)
- T+0 matching and settlements in EMEA and APAC across multiple asset classes (e.g. swap give-ups, futures, failing trades,etc.)
- Corporate action processing (mandatory & voluntary)
- Researching halted/suspended securities for month-end valuation purposes
- Analyzing our existing operational platform to establish straight through processing and other efficiencies
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of operations experience at an asset management firm, prime broker, or fund administrator
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in economics, engineering or finance)
- Extensive experience with MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to details and processes
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in addition to the daily responsibilities
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking abilities
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Analytical skills (e.g. compiling datasets and identifying anomalies/trends)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.