Data Scientist, Marketing Analytics and Insights
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
This role will be an integral part of the team to develop our data science and analytics capabilities in Asia. Under the guidance and advice of our NY team, this role will play a pivotal role in on-the-ground execution of our work in marketing analytics and insight from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing for insurance or other clients in the region.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Apply analytical rigor and advanced statistical techniques to analyze 1st and 3rd party data for insurance or other client(s) for marketing analytics and insight
- Identify and assess the effectiveness of new 3rd party data sources and data gathering techniques
- Analyze gaps and define improvement plan in 1st party data collected by insurance or other client(s)
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models to derive insight on target audience’s demographics and behavioral attributes to increase and optimize conversion
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Develop metrics/dashboards with insurance or other client(s) to track end-to-end conversion funnel for optimized investments
- Support insurance or other client(s) to develop end-to-end strategy and execution for paid social, paid search, and other programmatic channels
- Support strategy development for building up TS’ data science capabilities in insurance or other fields in the region
- Partner with Two Sigma’s global offices on projects and initiatives
You should posses the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier University, Master’s degree preferred – majors in engineering, computer science, data science, mathematics, or related scientific disciplines preferred;
- 5+ years post-Bachelor experience in marketing analytics or related field
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning, advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience in analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools and data visualization / dashboard tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills for coordinating across teams internally as well as with with insurance or other client(s)
- A demonstrated passion for technology, financial services and investment managementFluency in English and at least one Asian language (preferably, Mandarin Chinese)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, MPF employer contribution, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.