Data Analyst Manager
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst Manager to join our highly motivated and innovative Data Engineering team. You will manage the processes and people responsible for Two Sigma’s foundational data environment, including activities related to data ingestion, cleansing, transformation and quality.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develops and leads a team of analysts with the skills, capabilities, and passion necessary to successfully drive and sustain a data focused culture
- Develops and implements quality controls and departmental standards to ensure uninterrupted day-to-day data operations
- Defines, develops and provides insights, metrics and analysis to drive the decision-making process that supports Two Sigma’s business operations
- Partners with internal Business Partners to understand business needs and define future data requirements
- Facilities a data-driven, statistical approach to problem solving, including gathering, analyzing and reporting data
- Leads and executes process and data improvement projects
- Focuses on automation and utilizing technology to provide repeatable solutions
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in an analytical or technical discipline with a strong academic record
- 5+ years of analyst experience obtained through progressive analytical and operational work experience
- 3+ years of direct leadership experience
- Experience with SQL and working with a relational database system, such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities including pattern detection, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Financial domain experience in a trading environment is a plus
- Database/ETL experience
- Experience with Python (and/or Java)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.