Data Analyst Manager
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst Manager to join our highly motivated and innovative Data Engineering team. You will manage the processes and people responsible for Two Sigma’s foundational data environment, including activities related to data ingestion, cleansing, transformation and quality.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and mentor the day to day work of analysts, ensuring quality, providing developmental feedback, and fostering a culture of constant improvement
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, and other managers to understand business needs and project requirements
- Ensure uninterrupted day-to-day data operations by acting as escalation for complex issues, implementing novel quality controls, and improving departmental standards and best practices
- Define, develop and provide insights, metrics and analysis to drive the decision-making process that supports Two Sigma’s business operations
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, which includes university coursework in programming and computing systems
- 5 years of experience in data pipelining, data operations, and data analysis work with at least 2 years of direct management that must include mentorship, partnering with customers or stakeholders, project management, planning and prioritization
- Exposure to hands-on Python and SQL coding in the context of data pipelining and analysis in a professional environment. Prior experience with Jira, Bash, GIT desired
- Experience in the financial industry or related field is strongly preferred
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.