Campus Hire- Data Analyst Training Camp
Houston, Texas, United States
Are you interested in a career combining computers, math, and analysis? Is interpreting data something that you enjoy? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment?
We’re hiring intellectually curious people to join our Data Analyst Training Program in our Houston office.
What You’ll Do
During your first 4 months at Two Sigma, you will work with instructors and fellow trainees in a classroom environment to learn the skills necessary to use hi-tech tools to solve challenging problems. Data Analysts at Two Sigma develop and maintain customized datasets and solve the hard problems that fuel our research and day-to-day business.
Training will include a mix of scripting and programming (Python, Bash, and/or Java), SQL/Databases, UNIX/Linux, Statistics, Microsoft Excel, data science (acquiring, parsing, cleaning, visualization), basic finance and market principles, and Two Sigma-specific datasets, tools and processes. You will participate in a number of mini-projects as well as work on traditional homework-style problems and assignments.
Upon completion, candidates will join the Data Analyst team and begin further training and work assignments.
What You’ll Need
- A bachelor’s degree in areas including, but not limited to: math, statistics, computational and applied math, engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, geology, economics, or architecture;
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills;
- Proven aptitude and interest in working with computers;
- A focus on scientific process;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A passion for learning and the ability to think quickly and multitask;
- A team-focused approach and a preference for working collaboratively.