Houston, Texas, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented data specialist to join our highly motivated and innovative Data Engineering team. You'll be part of a close knit, dynamic team of passionate individuals critical to the success of Two Sigma's business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Analyze and curate massive amounts of data for thousands of different tradable instruments, including stocks, bonds, futures, contracts, commodities, and more;
- Create systematic, automated processes and tools that allow the team to scale and rapidly onboard new datasets;
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, and other data analysts to understand business needs and then design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets;
- Support the day to day operations of Two Sigma by applying problem solving, pattern detection, and root cause analysis to a wide range of data issues in a fast paced environment;
- Help drive continuous improvements to the team’s data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported;
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years professional experience in an environment that prioritizes data quality
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, which includes university coursework in programming and computing systems
- Exposure to hands-on Python and SQL coding in the context of data pipelining in a professional environment. Prior experience with Jira, Bash, GIT desired.
- While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.