Data Operations Contractor
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented data operations specialist to join our innovative Data Engineering team. You'll be part of a close knit, dynamic team of passionate individuals critical to the success of Two Sigma's business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, data analysts and other data operations specialists to understand business processes
- Recommend, develop, and perform data management workflows
- Update data management policies and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Apply predefined acceptance and quality criteria to guarantee the integrity of financial data sets
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience performing data management and data quality tasks in data intensive environments
- Exposure to scripting languages, spreadsheets, databases, and UNIX command line preferred
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.