Freshman Software Engineering Internship
Houston, Texas, United States
Join our exciting and challenging internship developed specifically for Freshman CS students. The freshman internship program lasts 10 weeks in the summer and takes place at our Houston, TX office. You will work with Two Sigma employees and other interns on software engineering projects, receiving technical training and mentorship to help you deliver professional software in a real-world setting.
Over the course of the summer, interns will have the chance to attend all Two Sigma events in Houston, from technical demos to guest speakers. We’ll also host special intern-specific events so that you can get to know other Two Sigma employees in the office and explore the city of Houston. Two Sigma is committed to diversity in the technology and financial services industries. Students who are members of a historically underrepresented group are strongly encouraged to apply.
- You must be a current freshman enrolled in a 4-year Bachelor’s program, majoring or intending to major in Computer Science.
- By the end of your first year, you must have completed at least two Computer Science courses (AP or IB Computer Science taken during high school can count as one class).
- Programming experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, C, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, or other languages that target the JVM.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- A drive to build quality software.
- While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement