Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced full-stack engineer to build our internal operations web applications. Using best of breed technologies in the front end, back-end, open source and public cloud, you will build a data-driven solution to facilitate STP execution, research and investigation tools, provide intuitive break resolution workflows, and create management dashboards to visualize processes in real time.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Back end development in Java, using cloud and microservices, caching and other technologies
- A high impact role that works directly with business users on a highly visible project within the firm
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional experience working on full stack web applications using modern frameworks.
- Exceptional coding and software design ability.
- Experience with UX and UI testing also desired.
- A strong academic record with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a scientific discipline.
- An obsession with building quality and well-designed software.
- We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology.
- While you will work in the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.