Houston, Texas, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking an outgoing and polished office coordinator/ receptionist to join our close-knit Houston team. In this role, you will cover a diverse array of responsibilities supporting our facilities, people, and one-of-a-kind culture.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Crafting a warm reception environment, which provides an outstanding first impression for interviews and interviewees, as well as a positive atmosphere daily for our employees and guests
- Contributing to an engaging workplace environment by planning and managing company events such as Holiday/Summer parties, game nights, monthly lunch, happy hours, etc., as well as interacting with people throughout the day
- Coordinating meetings, talks, presentations, training and learning events, including setup and cleanup
- Assisting our office manager in various building and office management duties (interacting with vendors, stocking supplies, sending packages, etc.
- Research and visit local restaurants and event venues nearby, as well as stay on top of local current events and happenings
- Receiving deliveries and packages
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and superb follow-through. Ability to accommodate a strict 8am start time
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and Google Gsuite tools
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- A collaborative approach to problem-solving and the ability to thrive in a friendly, but fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.