Remote Python Developer (Contract)
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collect and implement user requirements
- Analyze existing back-ends written in Java and SQL
- Implement functionality to Python by calling services written in Python and SqlAlchemy
- Write unit and integration tests
- Generate GUIs in Python using an existing the Anvil full stack framework
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years Fullstack Python development experience
- 2+ years of Object Oriented Programming experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Ability to read and understand Java and SQL
- Academic training in Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, networking, computer systems, object oriented programming, etc.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.