Senior Fullstack Engineer: Operations Engineering (Contract)
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking an extraordinary Contract Senior Fullstack Engineer to help build and maintain the next generation of our post-trade processing platform. In this role, you will take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, and develop software that enables user interactions and workflows for users in Operations team that is responsible for post-trade processing.
- Work with business users to collect requirements, review prototypes and gather feedback.
- Have an ownership mindset and collaborate with business and engineering stakeholders across the organization to develop, implement, and deploy solutions to address a wide array of business problems
- Mentor and grow engineers across the team leading by example, establishing best practices, and demanding high engineering standards
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional software development experience building production-grade distributed software systems with extraordinary programming skills
- 3+ years of experience designing full-stack applications, with considerations for scalability, usability and performance.
- Experience with modern programming languages (Java, Python, C/C++, C#, etc.), programming styles (OO, functional), and techniques (design and architecture patterns)
- Experience with modern front-end technologies such as angularJS or reactJS.
- Fluency in professional software engineering practices encompassing the software development life including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD, testing, and operations
- Experience with technology solutions for financial systems is preferred
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.