Senior Software Engineer/Architect - Foundational Data Engineering
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking an extraordinary Senior Software Engineer to help build the next generation of our data services. In this role, you will take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, and develop software that enables us to digest, transform, correct, and deliver financial data used by multiple stakeholders across the firm
- Have an ownership mindset and collaborate with business and engineering stakeholders across the organization to develop, implement, and deploy solutions to address a wide array of business problems
- Mentor and grow engineers across the team leading by example, establishing best practices, and demanding high engineering standards
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional software development experience building production-grade distributed software systems with extraordinary programming skills
- 3+ years of experience defining large-scale, event-driven, service-oriented software architectures, exploring and making technical feasibility tradeoffs for scalability, reliability, and operational efficiency
- Experience with modern programming languages (Java, Python, C/C++, C#, etc.), programming styles (OO, functional), and techniques (design and architecture patterns)
- Fluency in professional software engineering practices encompassing the software development life including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD, testing, and operations
- Deep knowledge of technology solutions for financial instrument reference and market data is highly desirable
- Data modeling experience in a financial services environment is preferred
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.