Senior Software Engineer/Architect - Operations Engineering
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking an extraordinary Senior Software Engineer to help build and maintain the next generation of our post-trade processing platform. In this role, you will take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, and develop software that enables us to ingest and process daily trading activity for the firm.
- Have an ownership mindset and collaborate with business and engineering stakeholders across the organization to develop, implement, and deploy solutions to address a wide array of business problems
- Mentor and grow engineers across the team leading by example, establishing best practices, and demanding high engineering standards
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional software development experience building production-grade distributed software systems with extraordinary programming skills
- 3+ years of experience defining large-scale, event-driven, service-oriented software architectures, exploring and making technical feasibility tradeoffs for scalability, reliability, and operational efficiency, preferably with full-stack application(s).
- Experience with modern programming languages (Java, Python, C/C++, C#, etc.), programming styles (OO, functional), and techniques (design and architecture patterns)
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies such as angularJS or reactJS preferred.
- Fluency in professional software engineering practices encompassing the software development life including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD, testing, and operations
- Experience with technology solutions for financial systems is preferred
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.