Senior Software Engineer - Data
Houston, Texas, United States
What is Two Sigma and why apply for a job with us?
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.
Senior Software Engineer for Data Engineering
Two Sigma is searching for an extraordinary software engineer to help build our next generation of data services.. This is a hands-on role that will include architecting, designing, and developing software that enables us to ingest, transform, and scrub financial data used by multiple stakeholders..
An individual in this role will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders in New York to develop, implement and roll out technology solutions to address a wide array of complex business problems.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in hands-on large scale software development and enterprise architecture
- 1+ year of software architecture experience on large scale systems
- Experience with Java (or other VM languages), Python, C or C++
- Experience designing and developing in-house software solutions
- Extensive experience building Microservices architectures and event-driven systems
- Recent experience working closely with and mentoring junior software engineers
- Deep knowledge of technology solutions in one or more of the following functional areas is highly desirable: Financial instrument reference data and market data
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Ideal candidates will have:
- Data modeling experience in a financial services environment
- Ownership mindset, with demonstrated partnership with functional counterparts to deliver on a material set of business objectives.
- Delivered technology and developed subject matter expertise within one the above noted functional areas.
- Designed and delivered high volume functionally complex software services.