Senior Software Engineer
Houston, Texas, United States
Since 2001, our software engineers have helped tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data. We are pushing the technical envelope to solve these problems, and in the process are helping to redefine investment management and other fields. As the world of data continues to grow exponentially, the issues they address will only increase in difficulty, scale and excitement.
In order to meet these challenges, we’ve built a data accumulation platform that allows us to ingest over 10 terabytes of data per day, and a custom distributed storage solution to store the over 50 petabytes of information we’ve accumulated since our inception. We’ve also built an entire suite of analysis tools that enable our quantitative researchers to utilize this data to produce predictive models that help us automatically invest each and every day.
This model-driven, technology-fueled approach to investing not only gives us a long-term advantage over old-school investors – it has also created a whole set of technical problems to solve that don’t always have an obvious solution. This gives you the ongoing opportunity to build proprietary solutions and/or bring to bear the best open source options the market. We have created a robust infrastructure that empowers all of our engineers, and you will work within a collaborative work culture that ensures that a great idea can come from anywhere.
Problems at our level of complexity require you to possess a passion for learning as well as deep understanding across a wide array of technical competencies. We’ve attracted technologists who possess special capabilities in a wide variety of domains including data transformation and visualization, performance optimization, cloud computing, and distributed systems. While we face large-scale problems, we hire only the best to take them on. This enables us to keep your team size small and your individual impact significant.
Two Sigma is searching for a Senior Software Engineer with extraordinary programming skills to help the build-out of a scalable investment management post-trade platform. Responsibilities include developing software that enables critical functions such as funding, cash management, trading operations, fund accounting, investor accounting, corporate accounting, and regulatory reporting.
An individual in this role will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders in New York to develop, implement and roll out technology solutions to address a wide array of complex business problems.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in hands-on large scale software development and enterprise architecture
- Experience with Java (or other VM languages), Python, C or C++
- Extensive experience designing and developing in-house software solutions
- Deep knowledge of technology solutions in one or more of the following functional areas is highly desirable: funding, cash management, trading operations, fund accounting, investor accounting, corporate accounting, and regulatory reporting
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in the investment management, fund administration, clearing, or prime brokerage space with a strong working knowledge of business processes they were exposed to.
- Ownership mindset, with demonstrated partnership with functional counterparts to deliver on a material set of business objectives.
- Delivered technology and developed subject matter expertise within one the above noted functional areas.
- Designed and delivered high volume functionally complex software services.