Software Development Team Lead, Operations Engineering
Houston, Texas, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Since 2001, our software engineers have helped tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data. We are pushing the technical envelope to solve these problems, and in the process are helping to redefine investment management and other fields. As the world of data continues to grow exponentially, the issues they address will only increase in difficulty, scale and excitement.
In order to meet these challenges, we’ve built a data accumulation platform that allows us to ingest over 10 terabytes of data per day, and a custom distributed storage solution to store the over 50 petabytes of information we’ve accumulated since our inception. We’ve also built an entire suite of analysis tools that enable our quantitative researchers to utilize this data to produce predictive models that help us automatically invest each and every day.
This model-driven, technology-fueled approach to investing not only gives us a long-term advantage over old-school investors – it has also created a whole set of technical problems to solve that don’t always have an obvious solution. This gives you the ongoing opportunity to build proprietary solutions and/or bring to bear the best open source options the market. We have created a robust infrastructure that empowers all of our engineers, and you will work within a collaborative work culture that ensures that a great idea can come from anywhere.
Problems at our level of complexity require you to possess a passion for learning as well as deep understanding across a wide array of technical competencies. We’ve attracted technologists who possess special capabilities in a wide variety of domains including data transformation and visualization, performance optimization, cloud computing, and distributed systems. While we face large-scale problems, we hire only the best to take them on. This enables us to keep your team size small and your individual impact significant.
Two Sigma is searching for technology leaders to help drive the build-out of a scalable investment management post-trade platform. Responsibilities include direct oversight of a software development team that enables critical functions such as position management, trade reporting, corporate actions, and other post-trade processing.
An individual in this role will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders in our New York office to develop and execute on strategic technology product vision and roadmap for a scalable operations platform. They will lead the design, implementation and roll out of this vision addressing a wide array of complex business problems. They will also be able to provide technical and strategic guidance for growing teams of world class software engineers.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in software development with demonstrated progression from hands-on experience to architecture and leadership roles
- Experience doing hands-on large scale software development and architecture
- Experience building scalable systems that scale easily to handle larger volumes and complexity of product types
- Experience with product software development
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Ideal candidates will have:
- Ability to develop and deliver strategical vision for technology to drive business results
- Solid experience making design and architecture decisions using Java stack technologies
- Proven track record of managing, developing, and mentoring software engineering teams
- Extensive experience in post-trade processing, including Corporate Actions, options processing, etc.
- Demonstrate good understanding of prime broker and custodian interactions
- Finance industry experience would be advantageous but not required