Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking Software Engineers to join our talented Data Engineering organization. In this role, you'll be highly supported in your efforts to build robust data pipelines that ingest over 30TB of data each day.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data through software engineering.
- Work with engineers, researchers, and portfolio managers across the organization to onboard interesting new datasets
- Build stable, productionalized data pipelines to support Two Sigma’s trading activities
- Collaborate with engineers and business partners across Two Sigma’s global offices to design and architect solutions
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- You have at least 3 years of full-time work experience.
- You have an understanding of computer science concepts such as data structures and algorithms.
- You have experience with Java (or other JVM languages), Python, C or C++.
- You have extraordinary programming skills.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.