Software Engineer: Platform Services
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a software engineer to help modernize our identity and authorization infrastructure to improve reliability, performance, and adaptability to use cases at Two Sigma. You will design and develop the frameworks and tooling that leverage emerging technologies to enable simple yet secure authentication and authorization for workloads running on Two Sigma's diverse compute infrastructure.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop features that extend the capabilities of our identity and authorization infrastructure and meet the needs of our users.
- Maintain, operate, and support mission critical IAM infrastructure supporting authentication and authorization through the company.
- Extend existing systems to incorporate modern authentication protocols and standards leveraging open source and cloud-native technologies.
- Collaborate with team members and members of the Security team to ensure software correctness and suitability.
- Partner with external teams and make recommendations suitable to meet the needs of their use cases.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- You have at least 1-3 years of full-time work experience.
- You have an understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- You have experience with Java (or other JVM languages), Python, C or C++.
- You have extraordinary programming skills.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.