Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking Software Engineers for roles across all of our engineering groups. As a software engineer at Two Sigma you can take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data through software engineering.
- Build and maintain robust data pipelines that ingest over 30TB of data each day.
- Create infrastructure that is used by all of our software engineers.
- Build and maintain a suite of analysis tools that enable our quantitative researchers.
- Work on world-class trading systems.
- Build technologies that bolster our trading businesses and drive productivity enhancements, collaboration, and risk reduction across the company.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- You have at least 3 years of full-time work experience.
- You have an understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- You have experience with Java (or other JVM languages), Python, C or C++.
- You have extraordinary programming skills.
- You have demonstrated experience in large-scale systems.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.