Software Engineering Manager: FRM
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma is searching for technology leaders to help drive the build-out of a scalable investment management post-trade platform. Responsibilities include the direct oversight of a software development team that enables optimal Portfolio Financing and Cash Management functions.
An individual in this role will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders in the New York office to develop and execute on building out Portfolio Financing infrastructure (including optimizations to reduce financing costs) as well as building Trade platform for Cash Portfolio Management. They will lead the design, implementation and roll out of this vision addressing a wide array of complex business problems. They will also be expected to provide technical and strategic guidance for a growing team of world class software engineers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Develop people through technical guidance, mentorship and resolving work-related issues.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- Tackle the complex and interesting challenge of solving business problems through software engineering.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in software development with demonstrated progression from hands-on experience to technical leadership roles.
- A proven track record of managing, developing, and mentoring software engineering teams.
- Extensive experience developing in-house software solutions
- Experience doing hands-on large scale software development and architecture
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- Finance industry experience would be advantageous but not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Employer-paid life & disability insurance, Subsidized health insurance and benefits through the FTFHIA
- Perks: Gym reimbursement, Wellness activities, Casual dress
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, Conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.