Software Engineering Manager: Platform Services
Houston, Texas, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented engineering manager for our Platform Services team at Two Sigma. You will manage a subteam that develops a managed services platform that meets the needs of teams across Two Sigma. Our platform is open source and our SDLC process relies heavily on GitHub and external open source workflows. As the engineering manager on the team, you will have an opportunity to deal with exciting technical problems at high scale and will partner with stakeholders to define the team’s technical roadmap and product vision. You will also be responsible for developing team members' careers and shaping the team’s culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence. The scope and impact of this team is rapidly increasing as we tackle larger growth opportunities.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team that is responsible for building an large-scale, feature-rich service deployment platform
- Guide the design and implementation of new features and architectural improvements that meet Two Sigma’s dynamic and evolving business needs
- Engage with users, product managers, senior tech-leads and senior management to define the team’s technical strategy and roadmap
- Mentor junior team members on technical skills and career development, and foster a growing and collaborative culture for the team
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience of leading and/or managing an engineering team with a track record of shipping high quality software
- Clear, proactive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop high-trust relationships with stakeholders
- Solid software engineering skills in one or more of the programming languages Java/C++/Python
- Experience building systems leveraging microservices or service-oriented architecture
- Familiarity with front-end development using either React or Angular
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.