Senior Desktop Support Engineer - London (City)
London, London, United Kingdom
Senior Systems Support Engineer (London Office)
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
As a Systems/Desktop Support Engineer in our London office, you are responsible for 1st and 2nd line support and first line systems administration and support for both local and remote office users, their workstations and laptops, conference room technology, networks, and various applications used by the remote office employees.
You will be challenged to:
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues reported in person and via tickets (JIRA)
- Supporting, maintain and configure new and existing Microsoft and Linux Servers, laptops and desktops
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects utilizing basic scripting tools to automate tasks and streamline operations
- Collaborate with global Systems Support Engineering teams to ensure broad systems needs of remote office end-users and infrastructure are met. These include small offices in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Houston.
- Installing authorised software to systems
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to systems according to existing information security policy
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Patching and configuration of network and phones
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Creating email accounts and groups on Google and Microsoft applications.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience administering and systems infrastructure, preferably at a smaller company or at a satellite office of a larger company.
- 1-3 years of experience in Systems or Desktop Support role supporting both Windows and Linux servers, networks, automation and scripting, and security
- BA or BS in Engineering or Computer Science or a related discipline
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Broad understanding of all aspects of systems administration.
- Customer oriented, able and interested in working with end users, and communicate technical matters to non-technical users when necessary.
- Ability to work independently, exhibit great discipline, take initiative, and exercise good judgement while working remotely
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.