Desktop/Systems Support Engineer - London (City)
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Systems Engineering group at Two Sigma designs, builds, and supports the complex and compelling infrastructure that makes what we do possible. Our support team are collaborators in designing end-to-end solutions. They are actively involved in bringing our ideas to life. They collaborate across departments to engineer systems that address the richness of the problems we solve, as well as the diversity of challenges. We keep the organization at the forefront of cutting-edge hardware. We design our networks to scale massively, so our formidable computing power can be brought to bear as we tackle the next generation of data analysis. We are not afraid to invest in deep infrastructure – thousands of computers communicating across lightning-fast networks actively engaged in discovery and analysis, driving the industry forward. We have talented, passionate individuals who build and maintain what exists today, and invent tomorrow.
As a Desktop/Systems Support Technician in our London office, you are responsible for first line systems administration and support of the remote office users, their workstations and laptops, conference room technology, networks, and various applications used by the remote office employees.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
· Be primarily responsible for all London office systems infrastructure and end-user’s technical needs
· Understand, evaluate and advocate for the technical and engineering needs of the London office and work with Engineers in New York to design technical and business solutions
· Collaborate with global Systems Support Engineering team to ensure broad Systems needs of all remote office end-users and infrastructure are met. These include small offices in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Houston.
· Provide first line support and alert handling for select business critical New York based systems and services during early morning hours
· Work closely with systems engineers in other offices in providing support and participating in projects for other offices
You should possess the following qualifications:
· 2-4 years of experience administering and systems infrastructure, preferably at a smaller company or at a satellite office of a larger company.
· 1-3 years of experience in Systems or Desktop Support role supporting both Windows and Linux servers, networks, automation and scripting, and security
· BA or BS in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
· Excellent troubleshooting skills. Broad understanding of all aspects of systems administration.
· Customer oriented, able and interested in working with end users, and communicate technical matters to non-technical users when necessary.
· Ability to work independently, exhibit great discipline, take initiative, and exercise good judgement while working remotely
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.