Full Stack Software Engineer - Venn Portfolio Analytics - London (City)
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn (venn.twosigma.com) is a fast-paced Fintech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to create the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced full stack developer to build our investor web platform. Using best of breed technologies in the front end, back end, and public cloud, you will build a data-driven solution for the most significant investment objectives that our clients face. This is an ambitious mission, but we are executing on it by focusing on our own strengths and assets and on a scalable platform.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Apply creativity, rigor and collaboration to help plan and execute back end and front end development in Java, Typescript, React.js, and other technologies.
- Participate closely with marketing, business development and engineering colleagues to plan and execute high impact changes
- Ideate and test and analyze solutions to 'big data' challenges of computation at scale, portfolio management, data analysis and visualization
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A strong academic record with a degree or concentration in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a scientific discipline.
- Solid experience in Java (or other JVM languages), Python, or C++.
- Strong communication skills, keen attention to detail, readiness to challenge assumptions and obsession with building quality software.
- While you will work in the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement - just a dedication to building quality software!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.