Trading Production Engineer, Securities Market Making - London (City)
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma Securities, LLC is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, one of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high performance, proprietary platform, the firm facilitates the execution of more than 300 million shares per day. We are the market-making affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP and a member of FINRA and SIPC.
We are seeking a talented engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic team focused on building and supporting our global trading environment as we launch trading strategies within European markets. The Production Engineering team is primarily focused on reliability engineering, including driving automation, improving real-time monitoring, developing metrics to measure performance, and managing the release and deployment lifecycle. Team members help support the day-to-day operations of the trading desk and the electronic trading systems; the team partners closely with modeling and trading business users.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Automation focused software development to build maintainable and scalable ultra-low latency systems including; A) Deploying new features and fixes to a rapidly evolving global multi-asset electronic trading business; B) Improving real-time monitoring of a complex production trading system; refining incident and crisis management SLO’s and diagnosing and fixing issues with intraday transactions.
- Conducting research to identify opportunities for efficiency using the latest cutting edge computing, networking, and connectivity trends and developments to maintain our competitive advantage.
- Ensuring adherence to consistent risk tolerances between rapid development/deployment versus reliability.
- Designing and implementing the architecture and support of our proprietary trading environment, including system design consulting, platform management, capacity planning, network, colocation site, and connectivity to a multitude of vendors and exchanges across three continents.
- Working with software and infrastructure peers from across Two Sigma to define and improve both technical and operational best practices across both the hardware and network.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Proven academic success at a minimum an honours degree (or equivalent from a non-UK university) in computer science, engineering or STEM related discipline.
- 4+ years programming experience using Python and Bash shell scripting and an aptitude for algorithms, data structures, and software design.
- Demonstrated experience of the FIX protocol including troubleshooting of connectivity problems and order routing issues.
- Experience supporting a distributed high frequency, low latency order management system. Knowledge of network/connectivity and/or Linux server technologies, particularly as related to the above.
- Comprehensive knowledge of either Equities or Options markets.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.