Senior Software Engineer - InsureTech - London (City)
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma IQ is an independent affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP, dedicated to being a partner to some of the most established companies in the insurance industry. Aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data, Two Sigma Insurance Quantified utilizes technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the industry. For more information, visit twosigmaiq.com
Our innovative engineering and data science team is transforming the commercial insurance industry via our cloud based SaaS platform. Partnering with leaders in the insurance industry to deliver products that streamline administration and expedite effective underwriting capabilities. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers we possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources of a well-established company.
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build out technical platform for Insurance, underpinning modeling and production services. This platform is cloud based, deployed in AWS, utilising several Amazon managed services (EMR, ECS, EKS, Lambda, etc.) as well as custom software and tooling.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Create and evaluate architectures and designs, proposing the right solution for the problem.
- Implement high quality solutions, which may involve integration of managed services and/or custom engineering work.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other engineers.
- Develop expertise with infrastructure-as-code tooling (e.g. Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Utilise analytics or ETL tools such (e.g. Apache Spark, AWS Glue)
- Assist with the design and implementation of distributed systems.
You should possess the following qualifications:
· 7 - 12 years Computer Science experience developing production-ready backend services - treating security, reliability, auditability, continuous uptime, etc. as first-class citizens
· BS in Computer Science (or related discipline) with a willingness to write code in Java or Python (at a minimum production experience with any high-level language; C++, Go, Kotlin is required).
· Comfort working in a public cloud ecosystem. Experience starting projects from a blank slate - proactively helping with requirements gathering / scoping / architecture.
· Experience working with data-scientists to take research ideas and productise them.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics