Senior Software Engineer - London (City)
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma IQ is an independent affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP, dedicated to being a partner to some of the most established companies in the insurance industry. We apply Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics principles to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma. For more information, visit twosigmaiq.com
We are building the technical platform for Insurance, underpinning modelling and production services. This platform is cloud based, deployed in AWS, utilising several Amazon managed services (EMR, ECS, EKS, Lambda, etc.) as well as custom software and tooling. In London we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic team of engineers and data scientists working closely together both locally and with our NY based colleagues. We own a number of key services which form part of our SaaS platform, including the runtime for data science models and associated tooling.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead projects and teams throughout the entire lifecycle from inception through requirements gathering, implementation and support.
- Create and evaluate architectures and designs, proposing the right solution for the problem.
- Implement high quality solutions, which may involve integration of managed services and/or custom engineering work.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other engineers.
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, designers and customer facing functions such as sales and marketing.
You should possess the following qualifications:
● 5+ years engineering experience developing production-ready backend services.
● Knowledge of common high-level languages; we use primarily Java and Python but any relevant experience is sufficient.
● Experience starting projects from scratch - proactively gathering requirements, scoping, designing.
● Interest in working collaboratively in a rapidly evolving business.
Preferred Experience - Any of the below are definitely desirable, but we’ll be sure you’re exposed to the relevant training to pick these skills up on the job
● Working in a public cloud ecosystem, especially AWS.
● Working with data scientists to take research ideas and manage them into production.
● Design and implementation of distributed systems.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.