Software Engineer: Investor Relations and Risk Engineering
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a software engineer to enhance our Investor Analytics and Risk Management software platform. Working with best of breed technologies alongside our Chief Risk Officer and Investor Relations team you will ensure we provide a best in class platform for analyzing, monitoring, and reporting multi-asset risk and performance to our investors, portfolio managers and executive leadership team.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Architect and develop innovative new tools to solve a host of complex business problems.
- Develop platform enhancements to support new methods of risk surveillance and enhance our intra-day risk dashboards
- Monitor critical risk input data and analyze output risk metrics
- Work across the stack primarily utilizing a mix of Java, Typescript (React) and Python languages.
- Collaborate closely with Risk Management and Investor Relations professionals to design and build systems which meet their needs. Over time you will build a deep understanding of these business areas.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- 3+ years experience honing Computer Science fundamentals and developing production-ready backend services - treating, reliability, speed, continuous uptime, etc. as first-class citizens.
- Experience with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C/C++, Go)
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with the team
- Experience with open-source technologies is beneficial but not required. An interest the data-rich domain of finance is also preferred but prior financial experience is NOT a requirement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.