Software Engineer: Venn
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is a fast-paced FinTech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to build the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide.
Learn more about Venn here: https://www.venn.twosigma.com/
The Venn engineering team is growing! We are looking for a software engineer who is eager to learn and build commercial software products to join Venn and continue improving our customer experience, growing our practice and platform.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with the team to build a software product that will resonate with the market
- Create and evaluate architectures and designs, proposing the right solution for the problem
- Drive the quality of the software with detailed testing and support the software in production
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to increase the effectiveness and impact of the product you build.
- Strong interest to learn and stay up to date on relevant technologies, trends, industry best practices and identify the ones Venn should implement.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- Experience with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C/C++, Go)
- Experience with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred but not required
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with the team
- Experience with open-source technologies is a big plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.