Software Engineering Internship - London
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Technology drives our business — it's our main advantage — and software engineers play a pivotal role.
Software engineers at Two Sigma focus on analysis, experimentation, design, and elegant implementation. They build the scalable tools the organization needs to explore data's possibilities and act on our findings – to mine the past and attempt to predict the future.
- Building the underlying infrastructure that virtually every other engineering team at Two Sigma uses, such as our distributed storage and public and private cloud environments.
- Ensuring the reliability of “mission critical” products and systems vital to Two Sigma, such as our main trading system.
- Using a suite of open source and proprietary tools to build the environments that test and deploy our quantitative strategies, also known as models.
- Building and maintaining the low-latency, high-performance infrastructure and systems responsible for executing trades.
- Building and scaling the infrastructure used to ingest data from 10,000+ sources daily.
- Partnering with our Corporate teams to develop tools, systems and products responsible for increasing productivity and efficiency across the organization.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- Experience with Java, C, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, or other languages that target the JVM.
- Experience in large-scale systems.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- An obsession with building quality software.
- We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology. While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves