Software Engineering Manager - Venn
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is a fast-paced Fintech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to create the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide. Learn more about Venn at http://venn.twosigma.com/
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage and mentor a high caliber team of experienced Full Stack Engineers to enhance Venn’s product offerings
- Partner closely with Relationship Managers, Product Development and Quantitative Software Engineers to increase the effectiveness and impact of the team.
- Support recruiting efforts in order to meet changing business needs and promote internal mobility
- Help define the Venn engineering wide OKRs and processes
- Ensure an inclusive and healthy engineering culture
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- Ability to program with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C/C++, Go)
- Experience working in a rapidly changing business and engineering environment
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience in engineering management
- Experience with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred but not required
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.