Data Scientist, Insurance Analytics
London, UK, United Kingdom
Two Sigma’s mission is to discover value in the world’s data. In this particular role you will be working with data in the insurance space, a relatively new area of interest for us. Insurance has centuries of history but is undergoing rapid change, and we believe there are many opportunities for technical innovation and creative solutions. You will be joining a small team with a startup feel, with a broad range of responsibilities and possible directions.
You will be expected to:
- Work with large, possibly unstructured datasets;
- Carry out independent investigations/research studies and produce reports and visualizations to communicate your results;
- Generate statistical models for a variety of phenomena;
- Interact with insurance industry professionals to understand their business and propose technical/statistical approaches;
- Write libraries and research tools, developing and maintaining a research infrastructure to accelerate future results;
- Automate repetitive analyses and reports.
- A strong academic record with at least one degree in a technical discipline.
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science and Statistics.
- Experience with data analysis tools (R, numpy/pandas/scikit-learn) and SQL.
- Advanced programming skills in at least one of Python or Java.
- Experience producing research reports and (ideally) predictive models.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
- Insurance industry experience would be a plus.