Manager, Reliability Engineering
London, UK, United Kingdom
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and innovative Reliability Engineering Manager (RE) to provide both leadership and help evangelize the RE philosophy across the organization. In doing so you will help build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. If you are passionate about technology, innovation and change and are excited about reducing complexity and tech debt you will find this role and career opportunity exciting and strategic. Our mission is to to reduce complexity, increase volume and capacity. We build engineering solutions addressing common operational problems.
- Provide leadership to more junior members of the Reliability Engineering organization.
- Help establish and drive the Reliability roadmap across the various Two Sigma businesses.
- Partner with teams and organizations to establish standards and drive the Reliability agenda.
- Identify opportunities to improve and scale our platforms using automation in order to meet our business growth.
- Design and deliver products that can be managed by an Operations team
- Design and improve our technology stack with Reliability in mind
- Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and health.
- Drive organizational improvements leveraging postmortems.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience working in a Unix/Linux environment with a minimum of 5 years experience in a DevOps or Reliability related function
- Experience with Java, Python, Go, C++, etc.
- Programming background with familiarity with CI / SDLC tooling (git, Jenkins, , Sonarqube,etc).
- Proven track as a manager and proven leadership track record.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven migration experience (services ,cloud providers, on/off prem solutions).
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Python, Java or C++ development background
- Advanced degree Computer Science or related discipline
- Unix internals knowledge
- Experience working with various distributed compute platforms.Public cloud integration experience