Accountant (Part-time, Contract)
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities UK was set up in April 2019 and gained FCA authorization in April 2020 and commenced trading later in the year. We are seeking a hardworking, driven individual to join the accounting team on a part-time basis. The role offers opportunity to collaborate with several teams within the company and gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing, dynamic accounting function.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Recording journal entries
- Preparing daily cash reconciliations
- Completing various account reconciliations
- Handling invoices for approval and payment
- Assisting in on-boarding new vendors and clients
- Aiding in the preparation of various management reports
- Other ad-hoc tasks
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or graduate program in accounting related field
- Qualified or part-qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Self-awareness, maturity and irreproachable integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.