Accounting, Two Sigma Securities
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades globally across asset classes, leveraging our high performance trading system to regularly execute over a billion shares per day. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
We are seeking a hardworking, driven individual to join the accounting team on a full time basis. The role offers opportunity to collaborate with several teams within the company and gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing, dynamic accounting function.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, we’d love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Performing daily cash reconciliations
- Handling invoices for approval and payment
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of financial transactions at month end
- Preparation of various management reports
- Documenting accounting processes and policies
- Preparation of statutory accounts and assisting with annual audit
- Other ad-hoc projects
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with broker-dealer and/or securities experience
- Qualified or part-qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Self-awareness, maturity and irreproachable integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.