Business Innovation & Growth - EMEA
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The mission of the Business Innovation and Growth (BIG) team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration – in a growth and product mindset – across the organization to help plan and execute the development of Two Sigma in EMEA. The work is a blend of strategy, fintech, venture capital and execution, with a key focus on what the future may look like and how Two Sigma can play a part in shaping it. We are a small team with no formal hierarchies, presenting large scope for learning and impact.
Based in Two Sigma’s London office, the role will seek to expand the firm’s presence in the EMEA region – by identifying regional trends in finance and technology, recommending new opportunities for growth, cultivating local business partnerships, as well as implementing initiatives that impact the region.
Core competencies of the role include:
- Idea generation;
- Strategy development;
- Market analysis;
- Competitive intelligence gathering;
- Business proposal and planning;
- Partnership negotiation and management;
- 5+ years of work experience in business strategy, venture capital, consulting and/or investment banking type roles.
- Track record of proactively sourcing new business opportunities.
- Proven ability to take an idea from blank sheet of paper, to development of clear and concise recommendation, through to execution.
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholder groups, including senior management.
- Strong conceptual problem solver, in combination with analytical rigor.
- Negotiation skills, including with external business counterparts.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter and results-focused.
- Fluency in English with additional European language fluency a plus.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.