Crypto Operations, Two Sigma Securities
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades globally across asset classes, leveraging our high performance trading system to regularly execute over a billion shares per day. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
We are seeking an experienced, highly organized individual with strong attention to detail and a passion for cryptocurrencies/digital assets to help manage the daily operations of an exciting growth initiative for Two Sigma Securities. You will be a critical member to help drive the buildout and scaling of Two Sigma Securities’ crypto trading business by performing vital middle office and post trade support functions and helping create a best-in-class platform to manage operational risk.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Define and implement operational risk controls and support model for crypto trading business
- Manage all aspects of cryptocurrency trade capture, reporting, settlement and reconciliations
- Ensure operational processes are fully documented
- Work with exchanges and counterparties to resolve trade breaks
- Daily and month end reconciliation of trades, positions, cash and P&L
- Identify operational control gaps and suggest process improvements
- Provide trade support to crypto trading teams
- Assist with the onboarding of new strategies, exchanges and business initiatives
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of operations experience in financial services, with at least 2 years of experience supporting digital assets and cryptocurrencies
- Experience with settlement processes for equities, options, futures and derivative products
- Strong knowledge of cryptocurrency landscape and operational processes
- Ability to understand technological workflows across several platforms
- Strong multitasking ability and attention to detail
- Understanding of risk management as it relates to trade support and trade execution
- Demonstrated reliability, judgment and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Ability to work flexible hours
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.