Experienced Support Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a systems support engineer (SSE) who will serve as a primary provider of IT support to users throughout our global enterprise. In this dynamic position, you will be exposed to multiple IT disciplines including Windows Workstation, Windows Server, MS Exchange, Linux, networking technologies, and telecommunications. The successful candidate will have a strong interest and background in PC Hardware, desktop operating systems, and network functionality. The SSE is the principal owner of service requests as well as the customer’s overall satisfaction, resolving issues independently, or following appropriate escalation processes when necessary.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Acting as a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance for variety of systems in a Windows and Linux environment
- Troubleshooting technology issues related to desktops, laptops and peripherals, as well as operating systems, application software and mobility
- Diligently documenting all required information in ticket tracking system
- Regularly contributing, maintaining, and improving the team’s internal as well as end user facing knowledge base
- Developing, maintaining and improving custom scripts and automations written primarily in, but not limited to, PowerShell and Python
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer engineering, or related technical field and 2+ years of relevant technical support experience
- Proficiency with troubleshooting issues related to Microsoft Windows and Office platforms, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP
- Experience in resolving problems pertaining to various mobility aspects including remote connectivity, RSA, VPN, Citrix environments, and mobile devices
- Expertise in diagnosing issues with video and audio collaboration technologies such as Slack, Google Meet and Skype for Business
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.