Full Stack Software Engineer: Venn by Two Sigma
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is a fast-paced FinTech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to build the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide.
Learn more about Venn here: https://www.venn.twosigma.com/
The Venn engineering team is growing! We are looking for a full stack software engineer.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Back end development in Java and/or Python, using AWS cloud and microservices, and caching
- Ideate, test and analyze solutions to data challenges of computation at scale, portfolio management, data analysis and visualization
- Collaborate with our product managers to plan and execute high impact solutions
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience building and delivering customer facing products
- A Bachelor’s, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience with UX and UI testing is also desired.
- Strong communication skills, keen attention to detail, readiness to challenge assumptions and obsession with building quality software.
- While you will work in the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.