Full-stack Software Engineer: Venn Engineering
London, United Kingdom
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is Two Sigma's portfolio analytics platform used by asset owners, asset managers, and advisors. Venn applies Two Sigma's expertise in research, data science, and technology to modernize the analytics experience for institutional investors, helping them embrace a quantitative approach to multi-asset portfolio risk and investment decision making. The tools available in Venn help investors perform factor-based risk analysis to inform manager due diligence, investment evaluation, and portfolio construction.
Front-end tech: React, Typescript, ag-grid, highcharts, recoil, jest, react-testing-library, Webpack, Babel, REST/RESTful/HTTP APIs, cypress, docker, storybook, styled-components, Jira, Jotai (very similar to Recoil). Back-end tech: Java, Postgres, AWS, SQL, REST/RESTful/HTTP APIs
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- API design and development in Java and/or Python, using cloud and microservices, and caching
- Ideate, test and analyze solutions to data challenges of computation at scale, portfolio management, data analysis and visualization
- Collaborate with our product managers and UX designers to plan and execute high impact solutions
- Learn more about Venn here: https://www.venn.twosigma.com/
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 6+ years experience building and delivering customer facing products
- A bachelor’s, master's of PhD in a technical subject area
- Experience with UX and UI testing is also desired.
- Strong communication skills, keen attention to detail, readiness to challenge assumptions and obsession with building quality software.
- While you will work in the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.