Reliability Engineer (SRE)
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
As a member of the Reliability and DevOps engineering team, you will be responsible for developing tools to give visibility into the state of Two Sigma production systems, ensuring that systems are resilient to failure, automating manual processes and remediating incidents in real time then following up on root causes to prevent recurrence. The team is a highly collaborative collection of engineers from a range of backgrounds that all share a passion to improve our systems and to learn from one another while doing so.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Software development of systems, services, tools and libraries.
- Primary operational support for multiple large distributed software systems, notably mission-critical trading systems and data ingestion / ETL.
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, including observability, operability, scalability, and availability;
- Extensive collaboration with our software engineering teams on architectural and product design, reliability, performance, support issues and improvements to our tools, processes, and software
- Gathering and analyzing metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
You will gain exposure to:
- Financial markets and mission-critical trading systems.
- Our Tech Stack e.g. Python, Java, MSSQL, Kubernetes, ELK, Kafka, Jenkins, Prometheus, REST/gRPC, GitLab, Jupyter, Slack.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree, equivalent or higher in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution and continuous development and automation.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and have the ability to construct moderately complex SQL queries.
- Proven track record for automating process together with an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux Systems.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.