Reliability Engineer - London (City)
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
As a member of this versatile group of reliability engineers, you will be on the front line for maintaining and expanding the capabilities of Two Sigma’s many and varied systems. The team exists in the space between traditional systems administration and software development, and seeks to merge the capabilities from both disciplines.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Software development
- Primary operational support for multiple large distributed software applications
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, including better monitoring, alerting and documentation;
- Engaging with our software engineering teams on support issues and improvements to our tools, processes, and software
- Gathering and analyzing metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Acting as a conduit between infrastructure and development teams, being sympathetic to the concerns and priorities of both;
You should possess the following qualifications:
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
· 3-8 years programming experience (structured and OO) with one or more languages such as; Python, Java, C++ or Go
· 2+ years’ experience in at least one of: host based networking, Linux/UNIX administration, systems programming, distributed systems, databases, and a desire to learn more.
· Demonstrated experience leveraging off the shelf and open source systems and utilities to rapidly provision production systems in a variety of domains, especially for multi-tenant use.
· Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution and continuous development and automation. Proven track record for automating process together with an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
· Experience with relational database concepts and have the ability to construct moderately complex SQL queries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.