Software Engineer - Two Sigma Insurance Quantified
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified is an insurance technology business utilizing technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the insurance industry. Two Sigma IQ is aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing organization! We are building a SaaS product empowering commercial insurance underwriters to make data driven decisions and cut manual data entry. We are looking for engineers with a passion for delivering a data science based product into the hands of users. You will work on the system end to end: collaborating with data scientists to implement and deploy models, building backend capabilities and delivering frontend features in collaboration with product managers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with your cross-functional teammates to build a software product that will resonate with the market
- Create and evaluate architectures and designs, proposing solutions that strike the right balance of time to market and quality
- Drive software quality through automated testing, code reviews and supporting the software in production
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A strong academic record with at least one degree in a technical discipline
- Excellent computer science expertise, including demonstrated experience with Java or Python
- A strong product focus
- Interest in working collaboratively in a constantly evolving business
- Working in a public cloud ecosystem, especially AWS
- Full-stack development
- Startup experience
- Insurance or fintech experience
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.