Software Engineer - London (City)
London, London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
This model-driven, technology-fueled approach to investing not only gives us a long-term advantage over traditional investors – it has also created a whole set of technical problems to solve that don’t always have an obvious solution. This gives you the ongoing opportunity to build proprietary solutions and/or bring to bear the best open source options the market. We have created a robust infrastructure that empowers all of our engineers, and you will work within a collaborative work culture that ensures that a great idea can come from anywhere.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Identify and build capabilities in a wide variety of domains including data transformation and visualization, performance optimization, cloud computing, and distributed systems.
- Architect, design, and develop key quantitative tools and platform enhancements to extend our business
- Spearhead innovation through the discovery, definition, execution and delivery of high value products, tools, and services
- Coordinate and build relationships across a wide variety of functional areas (quantitative research, business operations) and locations (London, New York, Houston, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
You should possess the following qualifications:
· BS or MA degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
· 2-6 years programming experience (structured and OO) with one or more languages such as; Python, Java, C++ or Go.
· Extraordinary programming skills combined with expertise in data structures and algorithms.
· Demonstrated experience with large-scale distributed systems.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.