Software Engineering Campus Hire- London
London, United Kingdom
What is Two Sigma and why apply for a job with us?
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers.
We are a technology company that applies a rigorous, scientific method-based approach to investment management. Since our founding in 2001, Two Sigma’s vision has been to develop technological innovations that intelligently analyze the world’s data to consistently deliver value for our clients.
Software Engineering at Two Sigma
Technology drives our business — it's our main competitive advantage — and as a result, software engineers play a pivotal role.
They tackle the hardest problems through analysis, experimentation, design, and elegant implementation.
Software engineers at Two Sigma build what the organization needs to explore data's possibilities and act on our findings – to mine the past and attempt to predict the future. We create the tools at scale to enable vast data analysis; the technology we build enables us to engage in conversation with the data, and search for knowledge and insight.
We champion a disciplined, collaborative, scientific approach which allows us to meet the immediate needs of the business, while innovating in a way that is constantly forward-looking and future-reaching.
We attract engineers with a true passion for data. We seek individuals who want to build for today and invent for tomorrow. We value curiosity and insight, balanced with pragmatism and practicality. We recognize both the small steps, as well as the broad vision.
* A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative field.
* Experience with Java, C, C++, Python, Scala, or other languages that target the JVM.
* Experience in large-scale systems is highly desirable.
* Exceptional programming skills.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* An obsession with building quality software.
* We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology.
* While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.