Software Engineering Manager - High Frequency Market Data
London, United Kingdom
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Our High Frequency Market Data Engineering team is looking for a hands-on engineering manager to lead the development of High Frequency Market Data (HFMD) infrastructure. HFMD is critical to everyday trading operations as well as providing historic market data for research and modeling. We work closely with platform engineering, network engineering and downstream trading teams that consume market data to build a trading platform that is efficient, robust, and capable of handling the ever-increasing bandwidth of market data.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of software engineers supporting a global cross asset class market data suite
- Build and expand our market data system, including supporting new venues for trading
- Solve low-latency systems problems and optimize performance-critical code
- Develop, optimize and strengthen the historic market data pipeline, including tools that monitor system health and improve its resiliency to errors
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least two years of experience managing technical teams with at least 3 direct reports.
- Recent coding experience with the C programming language (familiarity with C++, Java or Rust are good, too) - you may code as much as 40% of your time in this role and will be asked to code as part of the evaluation process.
- Familiarity with Python and Bash scripting
- An understanding of network and hardware architecture
- Development experience in systems engineering on Linux
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- Familiarity with market data across several asset classes from a variety of vendors and exchanges is a plus
- Familiarity with hardware accelerated market data processing is a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.