Strategic Oversight Risk Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Risk Management is looking for a strong technologist with solid math and statistical abilities to join our team as a Strategy Oversight Analyst!
This role will manage a variety of operational processes with daily opportunities to create meaningful impact by identifying and answering questions related to Two Sigma’s systematic trading strategies. Regular activities include reviewing interesting data trends and leading root-cause investigations, building new analysis tools and creating insightful reports, serving as a support contact for partner teams, and writing clear and helpful documentation.
- Develop a deep understanding of Two Sigma’s systematic modeling and trading platforms
- Develop broad knowledge of global equity and derivatives markets
- Monitor daily trading strategy behavior and identify and address observations that may present risks to portfolios
- Build and use tools for trading strategy analysis
- Perform, document, and improve operational risk processes, with an eye towards automation
- Prepare, review, and present reports on systematic strategy behavior
- Collaborate regularly with partners including modelers, portfolio managers, traders, and investor-facing teams
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 2+ years of experience in an analytical role
- At a minimum, BA/BS in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical field
- Strong programming skills, especially in python, groovy, or java.
- Curiosity about Finance, Markets and Risk Management
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to express complex ideas clearly and work effectively with a variety of different teams
- Demonstrated ability to think and work independently, comfortable with open project scopes and questions
- Highest attention to Detail
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves