Private Investing - Strategy and Operations, Sr. Associate
New York, NY, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a Strategy and Operations Senior Associate to join a new private investment business activity at Two Sigma. In this role, you will work with the team in building out a new business activity. There will be opportunities to create the strategic vision and business plan, design and execute the business’ operational platform, and support the investment process. Given the lean and entrepreneurial nature of the team, the Senior Associate can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals and stakeholders both internally and externally.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with the business leaders to build the strategy and go-to-market framework for a new investment area at the firm
- Work alongside the investment team to source and diligence assets and structure deals for the portfolio
- Partner with data scientists and engineers to guide the research agenda and build the technology platform
- Assist in building out the operations and technology platform to support the business activities
You should possess the following qualifications:·
- 2 - 8 years of experience, ideally in: - Private equity investing or M&A in investment banking - Management consulting or corporate strategy
- Rigorous analytical skills - deep experience in building financial models, performing competitive research and bench-marking, market segmentation and sizing
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Ability to thrive in the ambiguous – understanding how to influence and shape outcomes
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles and effectively communicate through presentations for senior stakeholders
- BA/BS from a top university, GPA > 3.6; advanced degree preferred but not required
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.